What is Exopolitics?
"the art or science of government as concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy towards extraterrestrial phenomena and extraterrestrial beings"
The above definition is that given by one of the leading advocates for Exopolitics and UFO Disclosure - Stephen Bassett who runs the US Political Action Committee XPPAC and the Paradigm Research Group.
Exopolitics can be considered as both - i) the principles by which a government or corporation is guided and ii) the objectives by which a government or corporation seeks to preserve its self interest - with respect to extraterrestrial phenomena.
For example this may relate to...
- interactions with intelligent extraterrestrial beings
- interactions with simple life forms that could be found on planets/moons such as Mars and Europa
- space based weapons and the militarisation of space
- mineral resources collected from extraterrestrial environments
Definition of 'extraterrestrial':
The word "extraterrestrial" as an adjective means anything outside, or originating outside, the boundaries of the planet Earth. In modern terms that definition encompasses the notion that inter-dimensional space is also extra-terrestrial space.
As we all know the word extraterrestrial can also be used as a noun to mean an intelligent being whose origin is beyond the boundaries of planet Earth.
Examples of issues that are exopolitical:
Law, Ethics and Extra-terrestrial Life
"Talk of protecting life on other planets brings up many legal and ethical questions. Dr. John Rummel, NASA's Planetary Protection officer says, 'At the present time, NASA's policy for non-contamination of other planets is not based on ethical considerations, although there are many ethical considerations associated with such a thing.'"
Space: America's new war zone
"The Bush administration has staked an aggressive new claim to dominate space - rejecting any new treaties that seek to limit the United States' extraterrestrial activities and warning that it will oppose any nations that try to get in its way.
Definition of Ex-o-pol-i-tics
1. the art or science of government as concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy towards extraterrestrial phenomena and extraterrestrial beings.
2. exopolitical actions, practices, or policies.
3. the exopolitical opinions or sympathies of a person.
4. the total complex of relations between the human race and non-human, intelligent beings.
Source: Paradigm Research Group